Friday 27 November 2009

LSIS Star Awards - thanks to all

Wow! I am in complete shock and have had very little sleep. No official photographs yet but here's two taken before the awards ceremony last night at Old Billingsgate, London (a most amazing venue).

I'm pictured with my nominator and manager, Anne Haig Smith, and my 'personal guest' (my husband!).

All I can say at the moment is a big thank you to all of my site users - especially those of you that have contributed resources and made the site so successful. I couldn't have done it without you.

I'd also like to thank everyone at Abingdon and Witney College for their support, and, of course, the students whose individual learning needs inspired me to create many of the original site resources.

Thanks also to LSIS for putting on such a magnificent event and many congratulations to all the nominees who attended last night.
http://starawards.excellencegateway.org.uk/starwinners2009.html

Postscript 03/12/09
The offical photos are now on the Star Awards site
Here's one of them!

I am over the moon and the prize money will mean that, in time, you will notice some changes (for the better) on http://www.skillsworkshop.org/

17 comments:

Judith White said...

Huge congratulations, Maggie, you really deserve it!
Judith

Chris Jackson said...

Many congratulations. We all know the work you have put into this.
Chris

Vienna said...

Congratulations on getting the Star Award.A very well deserved award!

Anonymous said...

Hi Maggie. This is nothing short of what you deserve. Your site has certainly made my life much easier. Thanks for all your hard work. Lynn

Wendell Dryden said...

Congratulations and best wishes for continued good work.

:)

And said...

Woo-hoo, an award for someone who DEFINITELY deserves it! I really hope you're not overlooked in the media reports on the awards. After the missed opportunity with A Certain Channel 4 Programme people need to know that literacy and numeracy tutors are out there in the community and ready to help!

Marion Crocker said...

Congratulations Maggie! - you truly deserve to have your commitment and passion rewarded this way! As a colleague and new basic Skills tutor at A & W College,you truly inspired me and have made my job much more manageable with your superb website - thank you!

Liz Hodges said...

Congratulations. You truly deserve this for all your hard work in producing a site that is so useful to many, many tutors, and so in turn helps thousands of learners around the country. You are a Star

Steve said...

Maggie, Congratulations and Well Done!
From a very proud brother!

Leia said...

Very well deserved. We couldn't believe it here at ITeC when we realised the Skills Workshop site was essentially one person's project!

Matt Barnes said...

Congratulations Maggie. This really is the very best resource site out there, and I am so proud to be a contributor to it.

Jackie said...

Good for you Maggie!
As a new teacher our site has been a lifeline.
I am now a proud contributor and hope I help some others in a similar way.
Well done and best wishes

Jackie Buchanan

Sandie said...

Well done Maggie! So pleased your hard work and dedication has been recognised at last. Thank you for all of the help you have given us over the years - you're a Star!
Sandie

Anonymous said...

Hi Maggie,


Congratulations and have a well-deserved Christmas break.

Anne Ca

Anonymous said...

Hi, Breakfast Cereals - I just wanted to say how good John Kerrane's activity
L2breakfastcereals is. I've been working through it myself and see lots of scope for using long division, decimals and an understanding of percentages in it. Thanks so much, Anne Carlill

esolabc said...

Hi Maggie,
congratulations on the Star awards.Well deserved for an inspirational practitioner! Look forward to continuing to work with you.

Cathy

Unknown said...

There are so many fantastic web designers out there that share their work with the rest of us...
The article of this blog very informative and useful also.It resolves many problems of mine.
I loved it.thanks for this marvelous article...................
online education